Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"You got a guy called Vodka?"......"Vodka?"......"Tequila!, he's a heavy-duty cop."

One of the best action movies I've ever seen in my life is John Woo's "Hard Boiled". Starring Chow Yun-Fat as Tequila, a hardened cop, who's on a mission to take down the gun smugglers that killed his partner. This movie doesn't let up with the action and eye-popping scenes. From the very start you can tell that Woo knows how to do action. When watching this movie be sure to look out for the "one-shot" hospital scene and probably the best stunt in the film, which I call "The Staircase". By far John Woo's best film, but not his only great one( more in upcoming blogs). I've only had this Dvd for a year at most and I've probably watched it 5 times already. It's always a blast to watch and still makes me say "wicked", many times. The Dvd is part of one of my favourite collectors series, called "Dragon Dynasty". A collection of amazing Asian action and martial art films, one day I wish to have the whole collection. Hard Boiled is #15 in the Dragon Dynasty series. The Dvd is a two-disc ultimate edition and has a great black and white photo of "Tequila" on the front, with his famous matchstick in his mouth. Many great reviews scatter the Dvd's front and back, including: " 4 stars" from Empire; "The Action Sequences Are Among the Greatest Ever Filmed" says Andy Klein, Asian Film Expert; "Hold On to Your Seats!", says Premiere and "More Exciting Than a Dozen Die Hards.", says Empire.(I don't know if I agree with that last one, but it's close.) Hard Boiled was Released in 1992 and Directed by John Woo. Released by Alliance Atlantis, Golden Princess, Milestone Pictures, The Weinstein Company and Dragon Dynasty.

Collection #:
Hard Boiled: #423

No comments:

Post a Comment